- 1999 Bachelor of Law, Keio University
- 2001 Master of Law, Keio University
- 2006 LL.M, Washington University in St Louis
- 2008 Juris Doctorate, Washington University in St Louis
- 2009 Attorney at Law (New York)
- 2016 Solicitor of High Court of Hong Kong
Munenori (Muny) joined the firm in June 2023 and is a Senior Of Counsel. Muny is dual qualified in Hong Kong and New York and has a focus on general corporate and cross border transactions.
Muny advises clients on commercial transactional matters and regulatory and compliance. He has represented clients in various matters including cross border share purchase transactions, commercial transactions and securities (SFC) regulatory compliance advice. Prior to joining Fongs, Muny served as a Consultant at a major HK firm. He has also worked at several leading Japanese securities brokerage and investment banks in Hong Kong, serving as Head of Legal and Company Secretary. Prior to working in Hong Kong, Muny was an associate lawyer at a boutique law firm in New York City. Muny is fluent in English and a native Japanese speaker.
Senior Of Counsel
- Corporate & Commercial Advisory
- Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities
- Non-contentious regulatory compliance (HKMA, SFC)
- Asset Managements
- Japan Practice