Profile of Patty LO
Patty is qualified in HK (2000) and UK (2001). Prior to joining FONGS, Patty worked as General Counsel for Asia-Pacific in a Fortune 500 corporation in the medical care industry for more than eight years, where she headed the legal and compliance department for the Asia-Pacific region. Prior to that, she worked as Regional Counsel for Asia-Pacific region in two major Nasdaq-listed multinational technologies corporations.
Patty has legal and compliance experience in corporate and commercial areas, merger and acquisitions, company restructure and integration, multi-jurisdictions transactions, anti-trust, data privacy, US FCPA, US Export Controls, compliance and regulatory investigations, dispute resolution, intellectual property, international practice, employment.
Having worked in an in-house environment, Patty has the inside view of legal and compliance need in multinational corporations, compliance standards and internal control process, company requirements and management expectations, which are essential for international business and to multinational corporations. Patty also has gained insight into medical care and IT industries.
Prior going into in-house, Patty worked in reputable law firms focused in telecommunications, technologies and intellectual properties.
Education & Admission
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Hons) , University of London
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), University of Hong Kong
- Master of Business Administration, University of Hull
- Admission as Hong Kong Solicitor
- Admission to the Roll of Solicitors of England and Wales
Main Practice Areas
- Corporate & Commercial areas
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Restructure
- Multi-jurisdiction transactions
- Investigations, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Data Privacy
- International Practice and FCPA Compliance
- Cantonese and Mandarin