Profile of Ava Yiu
Ava is experienced in litigation, especially in commercial, family (including cross-border marriage) related litigation. She has considerable experience in acting as an advocate in the Family Court representing litigants to fight for custody of children, claim maintenance and obtain injunctions. She has acted for the Respondent with family assets over 200 million in a family proceeding.
Apart from Family proceedings, Ava has acted for Defendant and victims in Trust and Fraud claims, including claims arising from different types of disaster cases.
She is also familiar with various types of Commercial Agreements (including Guarantee) and frequently advises on litigation in relation to disputes involving contractual terms and conditions for individuals and companies.
Education & Admission
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. Hons), University of Birmingham, U.K.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (P.C.LL), University of Hong Kong
- Master of Laws (in Chinese Law), University of Hong Kong
- Solicitors of the High Court of Hong Kong
- 2010 Admitted as a Solicitor of High Court of Hong Kong
Main Practice Areas
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial and Corporate services
- Debt Recovery Litigation & Contractual Disputes
- Conveyancing & Real Estate & Tenancy
- Criminal litigation
- Intellectual property
- Matrimonial dispute
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Wil & Probate
- Personal Injuries